It was a few weeks after the proposal and just a few days before I was due to fly to Manila. Jan mentioned during a phone call that he found a church he really liked to get married in. (*Jan thanks Ninang Carmela who gave the heads up.) He said he would take me there as soon as I get to Manila. I was unfamiliar with Nuestra Senora de Gracia in Guadalupe, even though for around seven years of my life the jeep I rode home frequently passed it by.
Finally, I got to Manila and he took me to the church. The moment the car turned the gate and I saw the facade, I immediately fell in love with it. It was simply beautiful. I loved how it seemed to bring you back in time. Never mind the cars parked, instead of the horse carriages. "Yes, I'd like to get married there!" I haven't even checked the inside. Hehe!
This pic from another blog, and some more info in it too.It was timing that we arrived there while a wedding was going on. We snuck inside and watched. The lighting was beautiful in the inside, perfect for dramatic pictures. Then I remembered to check the aisle. Perfect! Not too long. I dread walking a long aisle in heels. And just enough time for me to revel in the people, look at the groom and not want to run back to my mother (except she would already be there waiting by the aisle. hehe!)

We reserved the church right then and there. Jan and I both felt that it the place we wanted to have our ceremonies. Our reservation was timing, too! When we paid the weekend after our visit, the rates just increased! If we didn't reserve beforehand, we'd have been covered by the new rates. *Cringe*
It was only during our third visit that we realized it was a bit warm. So for those who will join us in the ceremonies, kindly bring fans. There are electric fans available, but it may still be a little uncomfortable.

6 comments:
Our church was really warm too. So we had pamaypay giveaways at the church. We got anahaw fans from quiapo, natawaran ng wedding coordinator namin to P10 each. We got 160, stuck a tag with our names and the date of the wedding and our guests were able to bring them home. Sobra pa nga, maraming natira, napamigay pa namin sa relatives who weren't able to come. And the colors were coordinated with the motif, so it was kinda nice to look at the church with all these colorful fans waving during the wedding. :)
naku, thanks for the heads up. :) mahirap pa naman pag buntis...parang 10x ang init. :(
ina: thanks for the heads up regarding quiapo. we were actually thinking of giving fans away as well, but then there are a couple things we are considering as well. if it's affordable, maybe we can give it as extra for those who took the time for the ceremonies.
nic: hehe! i should tell the "ushers" to guide the pregnant women by the fan. hehe!
Angga, I don't know what your budget is, but I also got fans as giveaways for my Nana's 80th birthday. They were much nicer than the anahaw, alam mo yung sandalwood na abanico, folding fan na mabango. I got them in Greenhills, they're P25 each natawaran ko to P20. So I'm sure you can get them even cheaper in Divisoria. Tapos I put tags and a little bead. Looks expensive pero affordable. Yun din, I bought 80 and marami pang natira.
Anj, sobrang ma-aappreciate ng guests ang pamaypay sa simbahan lalu na kung mainit. kahit yung para lang sa dadalo sa church. mga 3 or 4 per pew. share-share na lang. been to a couple of weddings na may libreng folding na pamaypay at sobrang life-saver (not to mention make-up saver!). am sure merong mura sa divi -- yung tela na folding. kunin mo in your motif color kung keri pa ng iyong budget. :)
tanong po, pwede po directions sa church and reception? thanks!!!
Post a Comment