Whenever I hear pre-nups, I thought it had something to do with pre-nuptial agreements, ala-Intolerable Cruelty. Apparently, it’s some staged photo shoot for couple prior to the wedding. At first, after hearing my cousin having to pay an additional amount to the photographer as well as the venue for the pre-nup shoot, I thought that it was something Jan and I could do away with. We have lots and lots of photos from our travels with the gang. None of which were glamorous and most of them have us looking silly. Which is the way I like our photos to be.

But then our photographer and friend, Redg included a pre-nup shoot in our deal, so I thought, why not? It could be fun and we can get really creative with it. With an un-serious couple and a creative photographer, it’s bound to be interesting.

We agreed upon a “masa couple” pre-nup. Fishballs, isaw, ice cream in UP (Jan’s alma mater and my Open University). That sorta thing. Redg further expanded into a classroom set-up, given my current education-related work. So that could be easily arranged since it was summer.

He also asked me to bring a white dress for a simulated wedding day photo. It took a while to convince me, but I figured, what the hey… when will I ever have an excuse to look like that in public again? So I got myself a white dress for the shoot. And I love it! And I love Redg for “forcing” me into it. Hehe!

The funny thing about the pre-nup was the original schedule changed and some of the concepts were slightly altered. But in a good way because we ended up having several cameo appearances, from Jobe Nkemakolam of the Ateneo Blue Eagles to Mamang Pulis and Mamang Sorbetero of UP People in the Neighborhood.

It was a little embarrassing walking around in the Gesu-Bellarmine area in a white flowy dress while a big group of students were there, but then they don’t know me so I really shouldn’t care. But I had to giggle when Jobe suddenly asked, “para san yan?” to which we had to answer for our wedding. And to which he answered, “I love weddings!” This gave me the courage to ask him for a photo with us, to which he willingly obliged. Jobe is such a sweet and polite person. He shook our hands and introduced himself to us after wards. I think he knew we knew him, but I think it was his way of getting our names. I’ve always loved Jobe and I love love love him more after that.

While we were taking some shots at the Ateneo football field naman, there was this foreigner dude, who while changing his shirt shouted “congratulations” to us. I yelled a “thank you!” back. Then another couple was taking photos of us having our photos taken. So I’m kinda fearing that we might be in somebody’s multiply site already. Hehe! Good thing it was already dark and the most they can get are silhouettes.

So. It was fun! I had a great time and Redg was enjoyable to work with as usual. His energy was infectious, which was why my usual “Pinay Tough Model” attitude in front of the camera melted away and I was game most of the time. Including the lambing poses. Yes, he got me to do lambing poses.

He actually should have had his photos taken himself with all the lying down and other contortions he had to do to make us look good.

The photos looked fun. I do have a big red zit, but I don’t plan to have it photoshopped away… because it doesn’t really matter. I am a little concerned with the tummy paunch though. Hehe!

Anyhoo… the photographer suggested a photo a week para suspense. Hehe! so I’ll post one after this. :)

Posted by
Categories: Labels: ,

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

galing! ;) ng pic at ninyong dalawa. congrats!!! mwah